Is that legal to put lien on they house if you not get paid !

Bradenton, FL |

i have been working as self employed sub-contractor ! my company closed and i didn't get paid for jobs i did month ago . i found different company and get hire from them but contracting company is same Directv satellite TV. how i can get my money please help me ! my ex boss want to hold my money for 90 day but i sure his not gonna pay me after 90 days .

In Alaska you have to file your mechanics Lien within 90 days of last performing work. If the contractor talks you into delaying action for 90 days before you see a lawyer, you've lost your most valuable tool to get paid. If you file the mechanics lien wrong it may be invalid and you don't get paid. Contractors, material-men, suppliers and workers that build and improve property should seek counsel if they haven't received payment within 45 days from last performing work on a project. The time may be shorter on new construction if the owner issues a certificate of completion. The time may be shorter in your state.

If you find an answer helpful please mark it as such or as the Best Answer. You have asked us to state an opinion based upon stated facts. You have not provided us with any documents, pictures, witness statements or other admissible evidence. The opinions stated are based upon general principles of law unless otherwise stated, which may or may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Controlling law is also subject to change or reversal at any time. Any such changes may be retroactive and could significantly modify the statements and opinions expressed herein. Similarly, any change in the facts and assumptions upon which this opinion is based could modify the conclusions. We opine only as to matters expressly set forth, no opinions should be inferred as to other matters or to treatment of matters not specifically addressed. This opinion represents our best judgment as to the probable outcome of the issues discussed and is not binding on the courts or upon your adversaries. We can give no assurance that an adversary would not challenge our conclusions and prevail in the courts in a manner to cause adverse consequences. With respect to some of the matters discussed in the opinion, existing legal precedent may provide very little legal guidance. Although the opinions and views expressed are based on our best interpretations of existing law and what we believe a court would probably conclude if presented with the applicable issues, we can give no assurance that our interpretations would be followed if the issues became the subject of judicial or administrative proceedings. Realization of certain benefits described is subject to the risk that someone may challenge the treatment and that a court may sustain the challenge. Because you may bear the burden of proof required to establish a fact, the opinions expressed assume the you will undertake the effort and expense to present fully the case in support of any matter that you have asserted and an opponent might challenge. None of the advice provided here may be used to avoid tax liability, interest or penalties. If you want that level of assurance you will need employ us to perform the due diligence necessary to explore the facts and law applicable to your specific circumstances. I provide answers here to allow people to see the issue spotting, solution proposals, style of communication and analysis I may apply to factual statements.

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt