Is temp disability easier to get than permanent? can i get food stamps too?

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Ana, CA

I cant deal with my low paying shitty job. I have made a concerted effort to read and listen to positive things. I have over 2and a half years recovery from alcohol and substance abuse but have returned to bulemia with a vegence and cant stop. I strongly fear the next step is alcohol and drugs or suicide. Help me.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Ingrid Arnalda Morfa

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I am sorry that you are having difficulties. The Social Security Administration does not have a short term disability benefit. The benefits that are available are for individuals that can't work due to a health condition and who's health condition has lasted 12 months, is expected to last at least 12 months, or may result in death. I suggest that you consult with a Social Security Disability attorney for further guidance.

    I wish you the best.

  2. Matthew Erik Johnson

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . There is no short term social security plan. There are numerous available treatment centers and things that you can check yourself into to help with eating disorders and substance abuse. I suggest checking yourself into one and going through treatment.

    Matthew Johnson phone# 206.747.0313 is licensed in the State of Washington and performs bankruptcy, short sale... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,189 answers this week

3,332 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,189 answers this week

3,332 attorneys answering