IS SPICE ILLEGAL IN FLORIDA?

Clewiston, FL |

IS SPICE ILLEGAL IN FLORIDA

1. You should consult with a local criminal defense attorney to determine whether the substance you had is a violation of chapter 893. Just because something is called "spice" or "k2" doesn't necessarily mean it will test positive for a prohibited substance. Good luck.

The hiring of an attorney is a very important decision and should not be based upon advertisements alone. If you wish to speak to an attorney at our firm, please call 727-443-1562.

2. The State of Florida is making a point to stop the distribution, possession and use of synthetic drugs. Just on December 11, 2012, the Attorney General of Florida issued Emergency Rules outlawing 22 new forms of synthetic drugs. I would also advise you to contact a local criminal defense attorney with experience handling synthentic drug cases.

Here's a write-up of the new emergency rules: http://lawfl.net/news/florida-attorney-general-pam-bondi-issues-emergency-rule-outlawing-22-additional-synthetic-drugs/

Geoffrey R. Mason
    http://www.lawfl.net

3. It depends on what is contained in the substance. It will need to be tested to see if it falls under the category of unlawful substances.
    www.colleenglenn.com

4. If your spice includes a substance listed in Chapter 893 then it is illegal. If your spice is Thyme or Oregano..... then it is legal.

5. You know, I am just learning what this Spice is. Apparently, there is something called Spice that is sold in gas stations and it's a mix of tobacco and some type of kava that they're putting into hookahs now? From what I understand the mix of both substances are legal for now (I understand there is consideration of banning it), but the others are right it really depends on the chemical makeup of the substance.

The information provided herein is provided as general legal information and does not constitute legal advice. The information is based on the facts given and should not be relied upon by the reader. An attorney-client relationship is not established by this transmitting this information. The best way to receive accurate advice and establish an attorney-client relationship is by retaining a licensed attorney.