IS SPICE ILLEGAL IN FLORIDA?

Asked over 1 year ago - Clewiston, FL

IS SPICE ILLEGAL IN FLORIDA

1. James Streeter Jenkins III

5

Answered . You should consult with a local criminal defense attorney to determine whether the substance you had is a violation of chapter 893. Just because something is called "spice" or "k2" doesn't necessarily mean it will test positive for a prohibited substance. Good luck.

2. Geoffrey Robert Mason

3

Answered . The State of Florida is making a point to stop the distribution, possession and use of synthetic drugs. Just on December 11, 2012, the Attorney General of Florida issued Emergency Rules outlawing 22 new forms of synthetic drugs. I would also advise you to contact a local criminal defense attorney with experience handling synthentic drug cases.

Here's a write-up of the new emergency rules: http://lawfl.net/news/florida-attorney-general-...

Geoffrey R. Mason
    http://www.lawfl.net

3. Colleen M. Glenn

Pro

3

Answered . It depends on what is contained in the substance. It will need to be tested to see if it falls under the category of unlawful substances.
    www.colleenglenn.com

4. Richard Earl Hornsby

Pro

2

Answered . It depends on its chemical makeup.

5. Brian Lee Michael Balaguera

1

Answered . You know, I am just learning what this Spice is. Apparently, there is something called Spice that is sold in gas stations and it's a mix of tobacco and some type of kava that they're putting into hookahs now? From what I understand the mix of both substances are legal for now (I understand there is consideration of banning it), but the others are right it really depends on the chemical makeup of the substance.

6. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

Answered . If your spice includes a substance listed in Chapter 893 then it is illegal. If your spice is Thyme or Oregano..... then it is legal.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now