Asked over 1 year ago - Clewiston, FL


Attorney answers (6)

  1. James Streeter Jenkins III

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should consult with a local criminal defense attorney to determine whether the substance you had is a violation of chapter 893. Just because something is called "spice" or "k2" doesn't necessarily mean it will test positive for a prohibited substance. Good luck.

    The hiring of an attorney is a very important decision and should not be based upon advertisements alone. If you... more
  2. Geoffrey Robert Mason

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The State of Florida is making a point to stop the distribution, possession and use of synthetic drugs. Just on December 11, 2012, the Attorney General of Florida issued Emergency Rules outlawing 22 new forms of synthetic drugs. I would also advise you to contact a local criminal defense attorney with experience handling synthentic drug cases.

    Here's a write-up of the new emergency rules:

    Geoffrey R. Mason

  3. Colleen M. Glenn


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It depends on what is contained in the substance. It will need to be tested to see if it falls under the category of unlawful substances.

  4. Richard Earl Hornsby


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It depends on its chemical makeup.

  5. Brian Lee Michael Balaguera

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You know, I am just learning what this Spice is. Apparently, there is something called Spice that is sold in gas stations and it's a mix of tobacco and some type of kava that they're putting into hookahs now? From what I understand the mix of both substances are legal for now (I understand there is consideration of banning it), but the others are right it really depends on the chemical makeup of the substance.

    The information provided herein is provided as general legal information and does not constitute legal advice.... more
  6. Kyndra L. Mulder


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If your spice includes a substance listed in Chapter 893 then it is illegal. If your spice is Thyme or Oregano..... then it is legal.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now