Is speddy trial and DEMAND SPEEDY TRIAL the same thing?

Hialeah, FL |

are the forms to file motion the same, where can I obtain them please???

Yes it is the same terminology. Again, be very careful with speedy trial. It very rarely helps the defendant. Usually it simply results in a speedy guilty. I would consult with an attorney in your area regarding the specific facts of your case. There is no "form" that can be provided to you. Simply write a letter to the judge and title it demand for speedy trial. Again, i do not recommend doing this unless advised by your lawyer.

John S. Riordan, Esq., RIORDAN & HERMAN, PL., West Palm Beach, FL, (561) 650-8291. Mr. Riordan is a former Palm Beach County Prosecutor and an experienced criminal defense lawyer handling cases in both State and Federal Courts throughout Florida. The answer provided is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney for legal advice regarding the facts of your specific case and designed to help you with your personal needs.

John Skyler Riordan

John Skyler Riordan

Based upon your other posts and what you are trying to accomplish i think you mean the same thing with the different terminology you are using. Again, hire a lawyer. Do not do this in your own.

thanks but really its a nonsense charge and no evidence is obtained. thats why we need a seepy trial within 60 days thank you

No. You can have the time for a speedy trial expire (90 days for misdemeanor and 175 for felony) If that happens, the defendant can file a Notice of expiration of speedy trial. The court Must then have a hearing on the matter and set the case for trial all within 15 days. A demand for Speedy says that the defendant is ready for trial and the court then has a hearing and sets the matter for trial within 60 days. The demand can be filed prior to the speedy trial time noted above having expired.

Contact through this site alone does not establish a client lawyer relationship. This information is not to be used as a substitute for consulting with an attorney. I or any of the attorneys at longwelllawyers would be happy to give a free consultation. Call 407-426-5757. <p><a href="http://LongwellLawyers.com" target="_blank">Longwell Lawyers</a><br /> <a href="http://LongwellLawyers.com" target="_blank">Orlando Criminal Defense Attorneys</a><br /> <a href="http://LongwellLawyers.com" target="_blank">Orlando Family Law Attorneys</a></p>

i really appreciate your answering me back.. can you please tell me where I can obtain a form for demand of speedy trial? thank you

I agree with Mr. sanchez. However, I want to add that if you have continued your case, you have waived your right to a speedy trial and the only way get it back is to file a demand for speedy trial. You should really discuss this and whether this is the best thing to do in your case with an attirney in your area. Good luck!

Karen J Tufte
Board Certified Criminal Trial Attorney
772-489-9096
www.tuftelawoffice.com

You really should talk to a lawyer before doing anything else. Good luck.

I have been licensed to practice in the State of Oregon since 1990. I am not offering legal advice regarding your question, only general information regarding the law. You are not my client nor am I your attorney unless we sign a retainer agreement.

no

Civil rights topics