Is someone with a life estate responsible for taxes,upkeep and maintence on a property in new york state?

Kingston, NY |

there is no life estate agreement stating that remaindermen are responsible for anything

all the deed says is " subject to and reserving a life estate in favor of --------------,son of decedent and tennant in possesion". 2 sisters are listed on deed as owners

1. Depends on the wording of the life estate. Bring the paperwork to an attorney to review.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.