Is some thing wrong with our petition?

Asked over 1 year ago - South Bend, IN

my wife is a US citizen and am from Nigeria.we go married in UAE and she filled for i-130 which was received on the 15th of october 2012.counting from when USCIS got the petition its been 6 months and still under initial review.am just so worried if some thing is wrong or does some one knows how long it will take for aproval

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . We cannot know. I doubt that one of the attorneys here on AVVO is the officer working on your case. If you find that 6 months is too long a time, you can schedule an infopass appointment and discuss this matter with USCIS. I can only add that having this work done by a competent immigration attorney might have saved you a lot of hassle.

2. Ji Min Kim

Pro

6

Answered . Please contact the USCIS to find out about your case. 1-800-375-5283 or www.uscis.gov

3. J Charles Ferrari

5

Answered . Unknown. We know none of the details of the petition.

4. Jakob Seth Lipman

4

Answered . It is hard to say without knowing the details of your case. Check with USCIS, as my colleague recommended.

5. Shachar S. Malachovsky

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You may contact the USCIS to find out more information. . . but I cannot know if there is an issue in your case by this post. If you contact USCIS you may also ask if the case is past the processing time? if yes then you may request a status inquiry be sent. I would urge you to contact an experienced immigration attorney to guide you through the process.

6. Lalita Haran

2

Answered . Processing times change. If you are in Nigeria let your wife consult with an immigration attorney to assess your chances of success. Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney: Immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St Ste 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174
    www.haranlaw.com