Is second degree robbery a violent crime?

Antioch, CA |

My granddaughter plead guilty to a second degree robbery. There was a gun involved, but she did not have the gun, her co defendant did. They sentenced her to 2 years, but they are only giving her 15% good time. Why is she only getting 15% goodtime and the other girt with the gun received 50% goodtime though she plead guilty and received 7 years. Shouldn't it be the same goodtime agreement for both.

1. 2nd degree Robbery is a violent crime. Without hearing more information about what your granddaughter and her codefendant pleaded guilty to, I cannot make a determination as to why she is serving 85% and he is serving 50%. You can contact her attorney or public defender to see the reason as well.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    (310)-707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.

2. Violent crimes are defined by statute and robbery of whatever degree is among them. Credits are limited to 15%; I can't explain why the co-d got a different deal.