Is Safeguard Properties negligent, or in any way liable, for my $60,000 loss?

I returned to my home, in St. Mary's County MD., after a five month absence. I am not in foreclosure. I found the utilities off, the front door handset lock changed and a note taped to the door, from Safeguard Properties. The rear slider, off the deck, was unlocked and, upon entering my home, I found it ransacked. The entry door to the garage had been destroyed from inside the home. Approximately $50,000 in personal property was missing. The front and garage entry doors were damaged, beyond repair. The external garage door was damaged and the kitchen floor was damaged beyond repair. Safeguard assigned an "Escalation Manager". Three months later, I was told this manager had transitioned out of theft claims. Nothing had been done and I was referred to their legal department.

Leonardtown, MD -

Craig Meyers

Craig Meyers

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Gaithersburg, MD

You have not provided enough information. What is your relationship to Safeguard? Did you hire them to watch or manage your property?

Brandy Ann Peeples

Brandy Ann Peeples

Real Estate Attorney - Frederick, MD

My colleague is correct. You don't provide enough information for us to answer your question.