Is restraining order going to show up on my background check?

Savage, MN |

I am pursuing my medical degree? Is it going to affect my career in the future?

1. If the judge has entered a final order on the restraining order, then there is a chance a background check would turn it up. This is because it would be public record. I don't know what type of background check (i.e., how thorough) your school or potential employer would run, or how much weight they would put on a restraining order as opposed to a criminal offense.

If there hasn't been a final order issued, then it may be in your best interest to fight the issuance of the restraining order.

You can call/text 612-356-2529 or email leonelegal@gmail.com to set up a FREE consultation.

2. Has a final order been issued in the case, or only a temporary one. One concern with an order for protection is that it can involve a finding of "domestic abuse", which may have an effect on a person's medical licensure.

I would need more information before I could give you an opinion about your case. You can call me at 612-223-7286 to talk more. iWork in nearby Shakopee.

3. I agree with counsel. It will depend on the particular check, who's conducting it, what type of order it is, whether the order has been entered, and whether it is temporary or permanent.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.

Domestic violence topics