Is resisting arrest with violence a moral turpitude?

Asked over 2 years ago - Conyers, GA

My brother is being held in a detainee jail in Florida. He has this charge and he wanted to know is this considered moral turpitude ?

1. Daniel Ellis Rice

2

Answered . If this involves an immigration issue, I suggest you add "immigration" to the categories of topics you have selected. In the alternative, if this is not an immigration issue, I would suggest you refer this to Florida criminal defense attorneys, rather than Georgia ones.

2. James Regan

Pro

1

1

Answered . Resisting arrest with violence, FS 843.01, qualifies as a crime of violence under 18 U.S.C. § 16(b) and therefore, as an aggravated felony under INA § 101(a)(43)(F), 8 U.S.C. § 1101 (a)(43)(F). This means that he is subject to removal from the United States.

He needs to fight this charge otherwise it will result in removal from the US.