Is resisting arrest with violence a moral turpitude?

Conyers, GA |

My brother is being held in a detainee jail in Florida. He has this charge and he wanted to know is this considered moral turpitude ?

If this involves an immigration issue, I suggest you add "immigration" to the categories of topics you have selected. In the alternative, if this is not an immigration issue, I would suggest you refer this to Florida criminal defense attorneys, rather than Georgia ones.

James Regan

James Regan

Resisting arrest with violence, FS 843.01, qualifies as a crime of violence under 18 U.S.C. § 16(b) and therefore, as an aggravated felony under INA § 101(a)(43)(F), 8 U.S.C. § 1101 (a)(43)(F). This means that he is subject to removal from the United States. He needs to fight this charge otherwise it will result in removal from the US.

Resisting arrest with violence, FS 843.01, qualifies as a crime of violence under 18 U.S.C. § 16(b) and therefore, as an aggravated felony under INA § 101(a)(43)(F), 8 U.S.C. § 1101 (a)(43)(F). This means that he is subject to removal from the United States.

He needs to fight this charge otherwise it will result in removal from the US.

http://defendme.net | For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.800.452.9357. Attorney James Regan, LL.M, Esq., is a Florida lawyer answering questions pro bono. Answering these consumer questions based on limited and unverified facts does not create an attorney-client relationship. Being posted on the internet, these questions and answers are not confidential. For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.800.452.9357.

Violent crime topics