Is Release order a Restraining order ????? Please Help

Phoenix, AZ |

My girlfriend filed case of Domestic violence , non violence on me in a Huge confusion . She realities now that it was an over reaction . Now the day i got arrested i got released and on that order said that i should not make any contact with her . The judge told me not to contact her till arraignment and there is no date mentioned on the conditions . My Girlfriend was forced to take a restraining order by the police but she did not do that . So when my girlfriend DID NOT take a restraining order on me , would the order of release is also a restraining order sill , now that the arraignment date has passed ?

1. I would recommend contacting a criminal defense attorney on this issue.

Information provided on this site does not constitute legal advice. Answers posted here are based on a very limited amount of information and are given without a conventional consultation. Information posted here should be valued accordingly. We offer free initial consultations that require completion of a questionnaire detailing your situation and a personal one-on-one attorney interview to provide qualified legal advice. The answers posted here might be completely different with more information.

2. There is a lot of confusion in what you are saying. I would like to see the documents before I give you advice on what they require. From what I understand, you were arrested on a DV and went in front of a judge who issued a no contact requirement of your release. Also, the police generally have victims of DV sign saying they are a victim so the state will have to comply with victim rights. From your standpoint, you want to bring everything to an attorney to look at. If you have a no-contact order and you violate it that is an additional crime.

3. If the judge says to not contact her until your arraignment, you are violating a court order if you contact her prior to your arraignment, which is a bad thing. You can have neither a criminal case nor OP (best), one or the other (not good) or both (worst). It sounds like you have a criminal order saying no contact, no OP, which means no contact. If you want to change that, a lawyer can certainly try and help you.

Anyone viewing this web site should not act on any information contained on this site without seeking professional counsel from an attorney. Use of this web site and/or transmission of information to the firm is not intended to create, and should not be construed as creating, an attorney-client relationship with the firm or any of its attorneys. If you choose to communicate with the firm or any of its attorneys or other personnel through this web site, do not transmit any confidential or sensitive information by e-mail until you have spoken to an attorney from our firm either by telephone or in person. This web site may be considered advertising under applicable laws and ethical rules. The Law Offices of Brent D. Harris, PLLC do not seek to represent anyone in any state where lawyers in the firm are not admitted to practice, or in any state where this web site fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state.