Is pti the same as deferred adjudication?

Asked over 3 years ago - Killeen, TX

I have run into a question on a job application which asks whether I have ever been arrested which has led to a conviction, deferred adjudication, or probation and I'm not sure what to answer.

I completed PTI and the charges were dismissed.

1. Cynthia Russell Henley

Answered . Why don't you get the case expunged if the statute of limitations has run? You should consult with a lawyer about that.

If it asks if you have been arrested, you have. You have not been convicted nor did the arrest lead to deferred adjudication or probation. You entered into a contract to do certain things for a dismissal. You did not even plead guilty.

2. Charles Elwood Soechting Jr.

Answered . The answer is within the details- you were charged but the charges were dismissed and not because of a deferred adjudication probation. If you can, you should look into whether an expungement or non-disclosure is available to you to resolve this matter for the future.

Good luck and feel free to contact me to discuss your options