Is pti only available to residents of NJ?

Asked over 2 years ago - New York, NY

arrested in NJ but live in NY...charge is 2C:35-10A (1)

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . This has nothing to do with New York law; I suggest you consult with a New Jersey criminal attorney and/or post your question in the New Jersey Avvo page if you have not already done so.

2. Carl Scott Spector

Pro

Answered . I am an attorney licensed to practice law in both New York and New Jersey. PTI is short for Pre-Trial Intervention. Pre-Trial Intervention is available to residents of other states besides New Jersey.
    PTI allows a person charged with a crime to enter into a diversion program with out pleading guilty and getting a criminal record. There are usually several conditions of PTI. In all matters that PTI is granted the person must stay out of trouble for a period of time.

Good Luck-