Is psychological gaslighting criminal? If so, what are the elements to prove this type of psychological abuse.

Atwater, CA |

and what are the potential penalties carried? Is it considered a felony or misd.? Or is it all depending on the resulting injury?

1. Domestic violence charges involve the use of force, not psychological manipulation. There may be civil remedies.

The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case.

2. I give up what is gaslighting, a lamp, a stove, a fart? My sister complains her husband farts too much at night, but i reply than why stay married for over 25 years, buy incense, a nose plug or get glade.

Gaslighting is a form of psychological abuse in which false information is presented with the intent of making a victim doubt his or her own memory, perception and sanity.[1] Instances may range simply from the denial by an abuser that previous abusive incidents ever occurred, up to the staging of bizarre events by the abuser with the intention of disorienting the victim.
    The term "gaslighting" comes from the play Gas Light and its film adaptations. The term is now also used in clinical and research literature

I do not believe it is a criminal matter unless it involves a minor, and to what degree is also a question. Is it merely joking, teasing or done with some other intent that can be infered. I would need to explore this in much more depth.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.