Is price right for deferred disposition of speeding ticket?

Asked over 4 years ago - Houston, TX

My daughter rec'd a ticket for allegedly going 96(really?) in a 70 zone in Gonzales County, Tx. When I called she can''t do driving safety because of course the ticket is 25 miles over speed limit(coincidence?). The deferred disposition they told me costs $298. That doesn't sound right, is it?

1. Mark Ryan Thiessen

Pro

Answered . Unfortunately, yes. I am not only an attorney, but I also got a high speeding ticket in Gonzales County. I too couldn't take the driving safety course. The best option is taking the deferred, I did. The County gets to charge you a high price because the speed is so egregious. However, as long as you pay it and she doesn't get a conviction is the time of deferred, this will stay off her driving record. And that's the name of the game, keeping your driving record clear. (for insurance sake) Believe me, it's a lot cheaper than going to trial and alot cheaper than the insurance rate if she gets it on her records. And, you can get the deferred without paying for an attorney, right? That saves you more money.

I would say slow down, but it's just too hard when you're that close to Buc-ee's!