Is posting a sign on your property that says something like this " No trespassing, private property, violators will be shot....

Gaithersburg, MD |

"No trespassing, private property, violators will be shot, survivors will be shot again" I seen that sign on the internet and i taught it is a joke. Thanks in advance.

I have read your "statement". What is the specific question that you have?

The author of this post is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. This post is intended as general information only, and is not provided as legal advice in connection with any specific set of facts, persons or entities or case, and does not create an attorney-client relationship

What I meant is that if its legal or illegal to put up a sign in your property that reads "No trespassing, violators will be shot,survivors will be shot again"?

Howard L Alderman JR

Howard L Alderman JR

Posting a sign with that language may be humorous, but it is not recommended. Generally, defense of property must be undertaken only by non-deadly force.

Posting that sign had better be a joke,at least as far as the last nine words are concerned. Generally, a person may not use deadly force merely to protect their property. So although you may post a sign telling others not to trespass, you are not allowed to shoot the people who do.

It is unlawful to use unreasonable force to protect one's property.

Recommended articles about Real estate