Is Pakistan POS card is Pakistani Citizenship or having the Dual-Citizenship?

Asked about 1 year ago - Nashua, NH

I applied for one job that required NO-Dual citizenship, Does keeping the Pakitani Origin Card is like having the Dual Citizenship in US? I know US doesn't allow Dual Citizenship.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . You should ask the employer. They should know. After all, it is their requirement.

2. Asma Warsi Chaudry

1

Answered . Do you have a NICOP card or a Shehnakti Card? Having a NICOP card does not pose a problem since it states that you not a resident or citizen of Pakistan but of Pakistani origin.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . Also, if you were born in Pakistan, were issued a Pakistani birth certificate, of already recorded Pakistani origin, resided in Pakistan lawfully, were subject of Pakistani laws and legally eligible to seek (or already had or have applied for a valid Pakistani Passport) then you are a Pakistani national de facto regardless of cards, unless by some legal act you lost your nationality there.
    If you desire to clarify your national affiliation with that country, I attach the link to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan that would be helpful for your quest:
    http://www.embassyofpakistanusa.org/