Skip to main content

Is Pakistan POS card is Pakistani Citizenship or having the Dual-Citizenship?

Nashua, NH |

I applied for one job that required NO-Dual citizenship, Does keeping the Pakitani Origin Card is like having the Dual Citizenship in US? I know US doesn't allow Dual Citizenship.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Do you have a NICOP card or a Shehnakti Card? Having a NICOP card does not pose a problem since it states that you not a resident or citizen of Pakistan but of Pakistani origin.

    The information you obtained at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Asma Chaudry invites you to contact her directly at her office in Edison, New Jersey, and welcomes your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting Asma Chaudry does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to her until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established. (732) 662-4125.

  2. You should ask the employer. They should know. After all, it is their requirement.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  3. Also, if you were born in Pakistan, were issued a Pakistani birth certificate, of already recorded Pakistani origin, resided in Pakistan lawfully, were subject of Pakistani laws and legally eligible to seek (or already had or have applied for a valid Pakistani Passport) then you are a Pakistani national de facto regardless of cards, unless by some legal act you lost your nationality there.
    If you desire to clarify your national affiliation with that country, I attach the link to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan that would be helpful for your quest:

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics