Is online Master's degree good for EB2

Sunnyvale, CA |

I have 3 year bachelor's degree from India. I am planning to do Master's degree from University of Phoenix. This will be an online degree. I have more than 8 years of experience. I want to know if doing online master's degree help me to qualify for EB2 category for Green Card processing.

Thanks

1. Possibly. However, what determines if a case can be filed as EB2 are the requirements of the position itself.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. Probably. Depends on the job.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. A U.S. earned Master's degree (or a foreign degree equivalent) will only help you if the job duties and the position itself can be qualified as requiring an individual with that academic background. Accordingly you should discuss this part of the process with an immigration attorney who can help you create an immigration strategy.

Immigration Lawyer - The above statement is only intended to be general in nature and is in no way to be taken as legal advice. A complete consideration of all facts is not possible in this setting and is necessary in order to provide any legal advice. Feel free to contact me directly for legal advice. This communication does not create any attorney-client relationship.

Education law topics