Is not taking off from the stoplight fast enough probable cause

Is not taking off from a stoplight fast enough say about ten seconds when it turns green reasonable suspicion or probable cause to be pulled over and would it be considered bad driveing

Fremont, CA -

Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Criminal Defense Attorney - Santa Barbara, CA

Probable cause is the standard applied when it comes to arrest. Reasonable suspicion is all that is needed for a traffic stop. Staying stopped at a green light is almost certainly reasonable suspicion. However, it may be possible to fight your case on other grounds. Consult with an attorney. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

Michael R Crosner

Michael R Crosner

Personal Injury Lawyer - Northridge, CA

Yes - that type of driving, similar to driving way too slow compared to the speed of other drivers, is enough for the police offer to have reasonable suspicion to many things (ie: possible drunk driving etc). Contact an attorney for representation.

Mark Lawrence Deniz

Mark Lawrence Deniz

Criminal Defense Attorney - San Diego, CA

It can be. An officer has to articulate on the stand why the riving constitutes a violation.

Karen Anne Sheehy

Karen Anne Sheehy

Criminal Defense Attorney - Vacaville, CA

Unfortunately, that is enough to stop for reasonable suspicion of driving under the influence. Put the officer to the test, however, by running a motion to suppress!

My answer to your question does not establish and attorney-client relationship.

Related Advice