Professional legal advice for $39.

Avvo Advisor
Talk to a lawyer

Is not taking off from the stoplight fast enough probable cause

Is not taking off from a stoplight fast enough say about ten seconds when it turns green reasonable suspicion or probable cause to be pulled over and would it be considered bad driveing

Fremont, CA -

Attorney Answers (4)

Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Criminal Defense Attorney - Santa Barbara, CA

Probable cause is the standard applied when it comes to arrest. Reasonable suspicion is all that is needed for a traffic stop. Staying stopped at a green light is almost certainly reasonable suspicion. However, it may be possible to fight your case on other grounds. Consult with an attorney. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

Michael R Crosner

Michael R Crosner

Personal Injury Lawyer - Northridge, CA

Yes - that type of driving, similar to driving way too slow compared to the speed of other drivers, is enough for the police offer to have reasonable suspicion to many things (ie: possible drunk driving etc). Contact an attorney for representation.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney .... more
Mark Lawrence Deniz

Mark Lawrence Deniz

Criminal Defense Attorney - San Diego, CA

It can be. An officer has to articulate on the stand why the riving constitutes a violation.

Good luck.

Karen Anne Sheehy

Karen Anne Sheehy

Criminal Defense Attorney - Vacaville, CA

Unfortunately, that is enough to stop for reasonable suspicion of driving under the influence. Put the officer to the test, however, by running a motion to suppress!

My answer to your question does not establish and attorney-client relationship.

Related Topics


The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

Featured Legal Guides

DUI defense

After you are arrested for DUI, getting the charges against you dropped or reduced will require you to develop a defense.

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.