Is Not reporting wages to Public Assistance illegal?

Philadelphia, PA |

I collect public assistance and also am self-employed looking to file a 1099 return

1. It is definitely illegal. Wages must be reported as earned. I would strongly recommend you consult with an attorney about the problems this may cause you and see what you can do to correct this serious error.

2. You are required to report any changes within 10 days. You have committed welfare fraud and literally stolen money from your friends and neighbors in Philadelphia.

I agree you should work with an attorney to help sort this out.

This is for general information only. Nothing in this information should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship nor shall any of this information be construed as providing legal advice. Laws change over time and differ from state to state. These answers are based on California Law.Applicability of the legal principles discussed may differ substantially in individual situations. You should not act upon the information presented herein without consulting an attorney about your particular situation. No attorney-client relationship is established.

3. I whole heartedly agree with the other posters. This is a crime and you should immediately seek counsel to take care of the matter.

Timothy D. Belt, Esquire Certified as a specialist in the practice of workers’ compensation law by the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Section on Workers’ Compensation Law as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

4. It is a crime to work and collect welfare benefits, generally almost all benefits, Ssdi, Ssi workers comp and unemployment you are required to report wages and income of any kind. Under some circumstances you may collect if you make under a certain amt in comp Ssi, but you are required to report income immediately!