Is Not reporting wages to Public Assistance illegal?

Asked 6 months ago - Philadelphia, PA

I collect public assistance and also am self-employed looking to file a 1099 return

1. Lawrence R. Chaban

Pro

4

Answered . It is definitely illegal. Wages must be reported as earned. I would strongly recommend you consult with an attorney about the problems this may cause you and see what you can do to correct this serious error.

2. Timothy D. Belt

2

Answered . I whole heartedly agree with the other posters. This is a crime and you should immediately seek counsel to take care of the matter.

3. Kelvin P. Green

3

Answered . You are required to report any changes within 10 days. You have committed welfare fraud and literally stolen money from your friends and neighbors in Philadelphia.

I agree you should work with an attorney to help sort this out.

4. James K Brownell

2

Answered . It is a crime to work and collect welfare benefits, generally almost all benefits, Ssdi, Ssi workers comp and unemployment you are required to report wages and income of any kind. Under some circumstances you may collect if you make under a certain amt in comp Ssi, but you are required to report income immediately!