Is naming estate of myself the prper wording for my life ins. policy?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Salt Lake City, UT

Policy will cover cremation which the executor will handle.

1. Randall J Holmgren

4

Answered . Yes. It may not get you the results you desire, but you can do it.

2. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

4

Answered . Naming yourself or estate would lead to probate.
    Your circumstances and beneficiares would determine who the beneficiary
    would be.
    If you have one beneficiary-it could be that person or perhaps you should consider a trust
    to avoid probate.
    If it was sold by the funeral home and you have a contract with them for the death benefit-it could be the funeral home.
    See your estate planning attorney for advice.

3. James P. Frederick

2

Answered . My estate would work. As Attorney Pippen indicated, however, there may be better ways to handle this. If you are going to have other property/assets going through probate, it may not make much difference. You DO want to make sure that the rest of your estate planning is in order. A Will, if you plan to have a probate estate, and durable power of attorney forms for health care and financial matters. These should be prepared by an attorney to make sure they are done right.

James Frederick