Skip to main content

Is my spouse entitled to a portion of my retirement investments , that were invested through my employer and rolled into an IRA

Ashland, NH |
Filed under: Employee benefits

He is on social security disability and receives a disability check from his previous employer and I am still employed.

Attorney Answers 2


Generally, everything you two own (individually or together) is considered marital property and subject to an equitable division. The starting presumption is that an equal division is equitable, but there are many factors that can change this. I would recommend speaking with an attorney who can review the specifics of you case.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


That depends on many factors, such as where the income was earned and the laws of that state. You should speak with a local family lawyer about your case.

Mark as helpful

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics