Skip to main content

Is my son eligible......

Hartford, CT |

My son, then 4 was on my application when I was being filed for, but I did not proceed with him, I left him home to continue school with his dad. Now that he is 18, is he still eligible for a resident visa and what should I do.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If he was eligible for a visa through your case at the time, he may be still eligible. I have done this before. There are a lot of unanswered questions here, but an experienced immigration lawyer can tell you your options.

The above is not legal advice. It is general information. I only give legal advice to those who have a retainer agreement with me. You may also seek further information on my website -


What application? Who sponsored you?

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova



my dad sponsored me and i am now acitizen


Unfortunately your question is unclear to provide an thorough response. What application did you apply for?

By posting on this site or answering/responding to questions does not create an attorney-client relationship and is intended to be an opinion only. My opinion is not intended to be a guarantee or promise of any outcome or result in your matter.



My father filed a I-130 for me and then I came to the USA and then eventually got my citenzenship. While filling out the forms at that time, I put my son name but he did not travel me. Is he still elligible for a resident visa or do I have to now file for him. He is now 18, at the time he was just 4.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer