Is my obligation to merchant regarding credit card dispute satisfied?

West Palm Beach, FL |

I disputed a charge on my credit card for services not rendered, as stated, from a merchant.
My card issuer sent me a letter stating they had reached out to the merchant and the merchant had not replied, so I was credited the money back on to my card.
The issuer's letter further stated that if I did not hear from them (the issuer) by a certain date, the matter would be considered closed. I did not hear back.
The reversal of the charge took place recently (after that certain date), and now the merchant has contacted me asking for the money.
I spoke with the issuer and was told that the merchant received the same previously mentioned correspondence I had received.
What are my obligations?

1. It sounds like your obligations are over but of course it depends on the specific facts. The credit card company obviously sided with you and refunded your money. The merchant may believe they are entitled to the money and so they can always sue you. Reading between the lines it appears that you hired a merchant to perform services for you and either they failed to perform or they performed them unsatisfactorily. There may be a dispute regarding whether one party lived up to their end of the deal, but this would likely have to be resolved in court.

This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.