IS MY N-400 APPLICATION GONE BE DENIED BECAUSE OF PREVIOUS IMMIGRATION HISTORY ?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

I WAS ARREST WITH IMMIGRATION OFFICER BECAUSE OF VISA EXPIRE AT IMMIGRATION OFFICE MANY YEARS AGO AND I WAS IN IMMIGRATION JAIL FOR 2 WEEKS THEN I GOT MY ASYLUM IN COURT BUT WHEN I WAS APPLYING FOR GREEN CARD I-485 I DID NOT MENTION THAT ARREST ( BECAUSE I WAS THINKING THEY ARE LOOKING FOR CRIMINAL ARREST !! ).
BUT I DID IN N-400 APPLICATION BECAUSE IT SAID ( INCLUDE USCIS OFFICER IN SOME PART OF DETAINED OR ARREST ) , ANY HOW I WENT TO INTERVIEW THEY GAVE ME N-652 AND CHECK :
1 :PASSED ENGLISH AND U.S HISTORY AND GOVERNMENT
2: USCIS WILL SEND YOU A WRITTEN DECISION ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION
3: A DECISION CANNOT YET BE MADE ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION
I JUST ASKED OFFICER IS THERE ANY PROBLEM AND RESPOND WAS NO THERE IS NO PROBLEM I JUST NEED REVIEW YOUR FILE AND I CAN NOT DO IT IN 20 MIN ...

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

10

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

2. Lauren Ashley Paulus

1

Best Answer

Answered . A prior immigration violation such as the expiration of a visa is not grounds for denial of the N-400. It is common for USCIS to delay a decision. However, if you are concerned, I recommend you contact a local San Diego immigration attorney who can follow up with your application on your behalf.

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

1

Answered . It is not uncommon for delay. What you describe does not sound problematic. What did your lawyer say?

4. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

1

Answered . It depends on the outcome of your previous detention and how you adjusted. If you have a lawyer that is the best person to answer your question as he/she knows your case and the facts.