IS MY N-400 APPLICATION GONE BE DENIED BECAUSE OF PREVIOUS IMMIGRATION HISTORY ?

San Diego, CA |

I WAS ARREST WITH IMMIGRATION OFFICER BECAUSE OF VISA EXPIRE AT IMMIGRATION OFFICE MANY YEARS AGO AND I WAS IN IMMIGRATION JAIL FOR 2 WEEKS THEN I GOT MY ASYLUM IN COURT BUT WHEN I WAS APPLYING FOR GREEN CARD I-485 I DID NOT MENTION THAT ARREST ( BECAUSE I WAS THINKING THEY ARE LOOKING FOR CRIMINAL ARREST !! ).
BUT I DID IN N-400 APPLICATION BECAUSE IT SAID ( INCLUDE USCIS OFFICER IN SOME PART OF DETAINED OR ARREST ) , ANY HOW I WENT TO INTERVIEW THEY GAVE ME N-652 AND CHECK :
1 :PASSED ENGLISH AND U.S HISTORY AND GOVERNMENT
2: USCIS WILL SEND YOU A WRITTEN DECISION ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION
3: A DECISION CANNOT YET BE MADE ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION
I JUST ASKED OFFICER IS THERE ANY PROBLEM AND RESPOND WAS NO THERE IS NO PROBLEM I JUST NEED REVIEW YOUR FILE AND I CAN NOT DO IT IN 20 MIN ...

A prior immigration violation such as the expiration of a visa is not grounds for denial of the N-400. It is common for USCIS to delay a decision. However, if you are concerned, I recommend you contact a local San Diego immigration attorney who can follow up with your application on your behalf.

It is not uncommon for delay. What you describe does not sound problematic. What did your lawyer say?

thank you for answer i did not have lawyer for n-400 !!! please let me know what do you think about my case ? thank you for help

It depends on the outcome of your previous detention and how you adjusted. If you have a lawyer that is the best person to answer your question as he/she knows your case and the facts.

hi thank you for answer .. i did not have lawyer when i applied for citizen ship ... and outcome of my detention was grantee for asylum in immigration court !! plase let me know what do you think about that thank you

I agree with my colleagues.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration