Skip to main content

Is my mother going to get time again or is there another option like house arrest or work release?

Jacksonville, NC |

My mother was violated and sent to jail she did her 90 days and came home now she has been recently violated again and her probation officer said she got a new charge im not sure what that it she couldnt tell me but from what my mom is telling me that when she was released from doing her 90 days they didnt tell her that she had to report so she didnt and she went down to the probation office and she violated her. i need help thanks in advance

Attorney Answers 2


Not a good situation - seems like she is having a problem communicating with her PO, which can not continue. Seek the immediate advice of her local criminal attorney or the public defender. I am a California attorney not licensed to practice in NC.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Mark as helpful


Your mother needs to seek the advice of a local criminal attorney as soon as possible. An attorney will be able to look up the new charge and find out if she is facing a jail sentence and what, if anything, can be done to rectify the situation.

This response has been provided for information only and should Not be taken as legal advice. Any information posted to the internet is not protected by legal privilege and this response does not form a lawyer-client relationship. When faced with legal questions or problems, the best decision anyone can make is to speak with a qualified attorney in your area. Garella Law, P.C. is a Charlotte, NC based law firm assisting clients throughout North Carolina and the rest of the country. For additional information about our services, please contact us at 980-321-7933,, or visit us online at

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics