Is my landlord's ex-wife's hot tub abandoned property? She was told to pick it up before & after we moved in but never did.

Asked 12 months ago - Spanaway, WA

I have been renting a house from my landlord for two & a half years and my landlord's ex-wife was told she had to come get her hot tub, ever since we moved in. She always said she would but never did. She also owes me for storage costs of some furniture she left in the garage and took a year to come get. My landlord got the house in the divorce but her name is still on the mortgage.
Is it considered abandoned property and can I sell it to reclaim storage costs?
My landlord doesn't care if I sell it and she will probably try to sue me if I do sell it.

1. Robert Daniel Kelly

Pro

2

1

Answered . Storage costs? It appears from your statement that the hot tub does not belong to you.

2. Shawn B Alexander

Pro

1

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Kelly and I would suggest a used hot tub is not worth getting sued over. The costs of litigation are usually more than what a hot tub costs. So get a new one that is under warranty and is properly installed.
    Good Luck