Is my husband obligated to pay past due bills if we lived together during divorce?

Orlando, FL |

Me and my husband are getting divorced we have 1 child together. We lived together last month and have accumulated bills that still have not been paid off. We currently do not reside together .He wrote me a check today to cover my car payment but on the check he wrote it out to child support when clearly it is not. Should I cash the check anyways ? I have documentation to prove that this money was used to pay an outstanding bill. He has been the sole provider and I was a stay at home mom. Next week he is writting me a check to pay off our car insurance and wants me to pay that with the check as well, also made out as child support.

The judge in the divorce will make all the decisions about how much each party is responsible to pay for bills, support, etc.

This answer is for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for your particular case nor is it intended as legal advice. I have not reviewed your case nor have I met with you and the answer to this question does not in any manner whatsoever establish an attorney/client relationship.

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Recommended articles about Divorce