Is my husband obligated to pay past due bills if we lived together during divorce?

Asked 6 months ago - Orlando, FL

Me and my husband are getting divorced we have 1 child together. We lived together last month and have accumulated bills that still have not been paid off. We currently do not reside together .He wrote me a check today to cover my car payment but on the check he wrote it out to child support when clearly it is not. Should I cash the check anyways ? I have documentation to prove that this money was used to pay an outstanding bill. He has been the sole provider and I was a stay at home mom. Next week he is writting me a check to pay off our car insurance and wants me to pay that with the check as well, also made out as child support.

1. Tami Lane Augen

Pro

Answered . The judge in the divorce will make all the decisions about how much each party is responsible to pay for bills, support, etc.