Is my husband fingerprints still in immigration system?

Chicago, IL |

My husband try to apply for some policy for illigal immigrants in 2005, he submitted the form and had his fingerprints done also. About a week later, he realized that he did not qualify for the program and he withdrew from it. My question now is that, will the immigration still have his fingerprint in their system or not?

1. What policy are you talking about??? His fingerprints should be in USCIS' data system.

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

2. Yes, they are probably in the system. You should do a FOIA to check.

Dhenu Savla, Esq
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/

3. Yes his fingerprints will still be in the system. USCIS does not purge fingerprints once taken.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

4. Yes. The prints are there permanently.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com