Is my friend responsible for replacing my stolen item with a new one. PLEASE HELP!

Riverside, CA |

my friend is responsible for my macbook pro being stolen. she agreed to replace it but when she gave me the replacement, she gave me a REFURBISHED one instead of a new one. I bought my macbook pro from the store NEW and still luckily have the original receipt for it. she bought it refurbished form apple for 200 less. I am not a fan of things being refurbished. it scares the living day light out of me because i do not know WHY or HOW it came to be refurbished. it could have been spilled liquid on it, an infectious virus idk but i have never bought refurbished and I am not happy with the replacement. I feel cheated. Is she obligated to buy me a new macbook pro instead of the refurbished one?

1. You are right.

Negotiate for the one you know is full replacement value

2. She should have replaced the stolen item with a like item. You don't say when you purchased your macbook. If yours was not actually new, but a few years old, she might not be required to buy you a brand new one. More facts would be needed.