Is my friend in big trouble for trespassing?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bronx, NY

About 2 months ago, I made a stupid mistake and brought my 16-year-old friend into my high school, and she did not originally go to my high school. We got caught by security, and my friend was charged with trespassing and is going to court on 4/31/2013. Could she serve time in juvy or get a punishment for trespassing? What is the most serious punishment she can receive, and how do these cases usually turn out?

Thanks in advance.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Not big.
    No jail likely.
    No record likely.
    Hopefully an ACD which means a dismissal and sealing after 6 months.
    A parent should be present with her.

    Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

    I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a... more
  2. Richard Francis Sweeney

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . It's not a big deal, if its her first offense. If the charge is Criminal Trespass 3, she is facing a class B misdemeanor, or she might be facing Unlawful Trespass, a violation and not a crime. She could preferably get an ACD (adjournment in contemplation of dismissal), a conditional discharge, community service. Jail is extremely unlikely. What day of the week is 4/31?

    The answering of this question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Related Topics

Criminal tresspass

Criminal trespass is when you enter someone's property without authorization, either at a prohibited time or onto property you are not allowed to enter at all.

Mark David Brynteson

Understanding Slip & Fall Cases

The Law Is About People Mark D. Brynteson Attorney at Law 2969 Rolling Meadow Court Belvidere, Illinois 61008 (o) 815-569-4280 (f) 815-371-0146 web site: more

Juvenile court

Juvenile court handles criminal cases for people under 18, except those who are charged as adults. Juvenile court may prioritize rehabilitation over punishment.

John J. Fox

Juvenile Crimes in Texas

Juvenile crimes in Texas are handled by the Juvenile Justice system which is different from the criminal justice system for adults. A juvenile is considered to be anyone between the ages of... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

18,375 answers this week

2,424 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

18,375 answers this week

2,424 attorneys answering