Is my friend eligible for parole if he's being charged with sexual promotion of a child?

Bronx, NY |

I know hands on offenders are never eligible for parole but he isnt being charged with that. He's charged with downloading and sharing pictues / videos through a P2P network. He received a reasonable offer from the DA (assuming he's able to get out before as early as possible). Should he worry about not being eligible for parole based on his crime?

He should speak to his attorney.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

New York no longer has parole. NY has post release supervision.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.