Is my ex boyfriend sill registered as a drug offender

Asked about 2 years ago - Escondido, CA

I cant find the drug charge in public access, but still wonder is he a registered drug offender?

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Mary Dawn Beebee

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . A person who is convicted of certain drug offenses, as stated in Health and Safety Code section 11590, is required to register while they are on probation and all registration requirements shall
    terminate five years after the discharge from prison, release from jail or termination of probation or parole of the person convicted.
    There is most likely not a published database for registered drug offenders like there is for sex offenders. I'm not sure why you need this information, but as others have stated, if he was placed on probation and registration was a condition of probation, that will appear on the minute order from the day of his sentencing in the court file.
    Good Luck.

  2. William Peter Daley

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can always go to the courthouse where he was convicted and pull his file. All criminal files are accessible to the public.

    I will be happy to speak with you at no cost with a FREE phone consultation. Please call my office at 619-238-1905... more
  3. Stephen Ross Cohen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Ity depends on how long ago, I think he hato register for 10 years

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced... more
  4. Michael Douglas Shafer

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Pull his file at the courthouse where he was sentenced. Your answer is there.

  5. David Philip Shapiro


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Ask him or pull the file. 5 years from the end of probation per HS11590.

    Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555

Related Topics

Drug related crimes

Drug related crimes involve illegal use of controlled substances that are legal—like some prescription medications—or illegal—such as marijuana or heroin.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,996 answers this week

3,375 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,996 answers this week

3,375 attorneys answering