Is my error in marriage date in the form I-130 going to effect in the green card interview?

Dickinson, ND |

When i filled the form i -130 I mistakenly typed a wrong marriage in one side of the form. I wrote 02 instead of 05 which was the month of my marriage. I have my interview in couple of weeks and I was going through my forms and i realized that I mistakenly typed the wrong date. I rechecked my application many times before I turned it in, I dont know how that little error was missed. Is it going to affect in my green card interview?

It should not be a problem. Just bring the original, certified copy of the marriage certificate with lots of proof that you married in good faith (common assets and liabilities).

No. Bring the original marriage certificate and they will correct it at the interview.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

No, just explain the error and documentation of proof.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Recommended articles about Form I-130 (alien relative)