Is my error in marriage date in the form I-130 going to effect in the green card interview?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Dickinson, ND

When i filled the form i -130 I mistakenly typed a wrong marriage in one side of the form. I wrote 02 instead of 05 which was the month of my marriage. I have my interview in couple of weeks and I was going through my forms and i realized that I mistakenly typed the wrong date. I rechecked my application many times before I turned it in, I dont know how that little error was missed. Is it going to affect in my green card interview?

1. Meredith Riley Brown

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . It should not be a problem. Just bring the original, certified copy of the marriage certificate with lots of proof that you married in good faith (common assets and liabilities).

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

2

Answered . No. Bring the original marriage certificate and they will correct it at the interview.

3. Jose Antonio Moreno

2

Answered . No, just explain the error and documentation of proof.