Is my Colorado License Valid?

Castle Rock, CO |

About 15 months ago, I was living in NC and got a DWI. My attorney had the charges reduced to reckless driving and I thought everything was settled. Since my case took around 6 months to end and I was also moving to Colorado, I ended up getting a Colorado Drivers License. A few weeks after this, I got a letter from the NC DMV stating that my NC license was suspended until November 2013. Is my Colorado License still valid? Can I drive here?

Thank in advance for helping me with this matter.

1. You need to contact the COLORADO DMV for a record of your license. If you drive on a suspended license you may be picked up and placed in jail until you bond out. It could be bad if you have kids and you are arrested with them in your car.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" PLEASE MARK IT SO. This information is provided by PEGGY M. RADDATZ, Attorney At Law as a pro bono service. Ms. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of helpful legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA IN PERSON who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

2. Check with CO DMV at 1881 Pierce Street in Lakewood, CO. It depends on whether NC reported the suspension to CO under the interstate compact provisions and whether NC is a compact law state.

Traffic tickets topics