Is my civil rights violated if a business discriminates what clients they serve?

New Orleans, LA |

Sometimes there are businesses that reserves right who they will serve etc. However, if a business refuses you to serve you without telling you a reason, is that a discrimination?

.

1. Not necessarily. A business is almost always free to deny service to anyone they choose on any basis -- except for bases that are prohibited by law, usually race, gender, religion, etc. The business is not ordinarily required to make any statement of reasons at the the time it acts on a decision to deny access or service.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.