Skip to main content

Is my child's medicaid considered public or government assistance?

Pelham, AL |

My husband is applying for me to become a US resident, we want to know if our daughter's medicaid affect us in any way, both our daughters and my husband are US citizens, that is the only federal assistance we have, neither me or my husband are enrolled in anything related to public assistance. we are asking this question in relation with the affidavit of support.

Attorney Answers 3


I think you should re-post this question under an immigration heading.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


I think it is a public assistance. Find a local immigration lawyer for yourself.

Mark as helpful


Contact Dagmar Rick, a Birmingham immigration attorney. She would be able to give you a definitive answer.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics