Is my case really connected with my friends? Will I get drug tested again?

Washington, DC |

I went to arraignment court today for marijuana possesion and my lawyer said I was likely to get deferred prosecution agreement...I tested negative today during my drug test so I am out of weekly testing. I have an official court date on 3/20 where I am going to officially get my DPA agreement...will I get drug tested on 3/20 in court again? my lawyer doesnt think so but my friends lawyers ( they got charged with possesion to) said it was likely. They also said that DPA was all or nothing for the three of us meaning if any of us failed the test on 3/20 none of us get the DPA. My lawyer does not think i will get tested again but my friends do. WIll this test happen after negative at arraignment? Am I really dependent on two others for DPA...especially after we all tested negative already?

No one can guarantee that you won't.

An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.

Information in the reply is provided as a public service. It is neither a comprehensive statement of the law nor legal advice, and no one should rely on it as such. If you have a legal problem or question, you should consult with an attorney, who can investigate the particular circumstances of your situation. Responding to a post does not constitute legal representation. I am not your lawyer, until we make an agreement and I receive my fee. Beware that posts and replies are not confidential. Anyone can read them.