Is my case beatable and counter suable?

Lumberton, TX |

I was charged with poss. of marij <2oz and unlawful carry of weapon but the pistol was inside of my vehicle not on my person then is it possible to fight this in court of not guilty plea? The poss of marij however i am guilty of. I do not mind being responsible for my possession of it. But the pistol was inside the car i was currently in possession of. The peace officer of lumberton, tx (Cody Guidry) and an assisting officer (name never revealed), pulled me out of the car whenever it was not running and i was on private property of a convinient store but was not solicitizing or harrassing anyone. Cody Guidry placed me in cuffs without reason and started digging through the car without consent of search nor a search warrant. What evidence do I suppeanon to court?

1. You need an attorney to handle this for you. You may have a suppression argument based on an illegal search and seizure. Your attorney will be able to review the State's evidence and let you what legal defenses you have. Be prepared to see some creative writing in the offense report. Probable cause is easy to fabricate.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

2. Unless you're a convicted felon, there is no gun case. The marijuana charge can potentially be won through a motion to suppress for illegal search and seizure. That can be a long, drawn-out, expensive process or it could be quick. There's no guarantees you will succeed, but it's worth a shot. You probably got charged with the gun to give them leverage against you on the marijuana charge because they know they seized the drugs illegally. You will not suceed without a lawyer no matter how many questions you ask on here. Hire a lawyer or request a court appointed attorney. www.giardinolawfirm.com

If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit http://www.sainjurylawyer.com or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit http://www.giardinolawfirm.com. Good luck!

3. You may have some issues but you need a criminal defense attorney to evaluate the facts. This is not a slam dunk case for you.

Austin Felony Gun Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

4. You will need a good criminal defense lawyer. If you cannot afford to hire one, you will need to ask for an appointed defense lawyer. That lawyer can take a good look at the case and may be able to file a motion to suppress botht he weed and the pistol.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.