Is my BAH and BAS included in my Gross Monthly Income for my Child Support Worksheet if I'm an active duty service member?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tacoma, WA

Trying to understand if BAH and BAS is included while calculating my Monthly income or is it just my BASE PAY alone for Monthly income.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Michael Evan Stowell

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . BAH and BAS are both included in gross income for purposes of child support calculation. Contact an experienced child support attorney to help you deal with issues of how and whether those amounts may change depending on your marital status. In some circumstances BAH continues even after divorce.

  2. John Daniel Hafemann

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, both BAH and BAS will be included on the worksheet to calculate child support. I advise that you make an appointment with the Legal Assistance Officer at your base. It will not cost you anything, so take advantage of it. Good luck.

  3. Bruce Clement


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Yes. It’s always best to consult with a good family law attorney to discuss the details before you act. See my AVVO Legal Guides on military divorces and child support for more information about the legal issues raised by your inquiry. Click on my photo. On my AVVO home page click on "View Contributions" or scroll down further and click on "Legal Guides." Scroll down the list of my 29 Legal Guides and select the topics relevant to your question. If you like my answer and Legal Guides, please make sure you mark them as “helpful.”

    This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Child Support

Child support is the money paid from one parent to another for expenses resulting from the other parent’s custody of a child or children.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,776 answers this week

3,076 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,776 answers this week

3,076 attorneys answering