Is my BAH and BAS included in my Gross Monthly Income for my Child Support Worksheet if I'm an active duty service member?

Tacoma, WA |

Trying to understand if BAH and BAS is included while calculating my Monthly income or is it just my BASE PAY alone for Monthly income.

1. BAH and BAS are both included in gross income for purposes of child support calculation. Contact an experienced child support attorney to help you deal with issues of how and whether those amounts may change depending on your marital status. In some circumstances BAH continues even after divorce.

2. Yes, both BAH and BAS will be included on the worksheet to calculate child support. I advise that you make an appointment with the Legal Assistance Officer at your base. It will not cost you anything, so take advantage of it. Good luck.

3. Yes. It’s always best to consult with a good family law attorney to discuss the details before you act. See my AVVO Legal Guides on military divorces and child support for more information about the legal issues raised by your inquiry. Click on my photo. On my AVVO home page click on "View Contributions" or scroll down further and click on "Legal Guides." Scroll down the list of my 29 Legal Guides and select the topics relevant to your question. If you like my answer and Legal Guides, please make sure you mark them as “helpful.”

This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this Answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes