Is my BAH and BAS included in my Gross Monthly Income for my Child Support Worksheet if I'm an active duty service member?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tacoma, WA

Trying to understand if BAH and BAS is included while calculating my Monthly income or is it just my BASE PAY alone for Monthly income.

1. Michael Evan Stowell

3

Answered . BAH and BAS are both included in gross income for purposes of child support calculation. Contact an experienced child support attorney to help you deal with issues of how and whether those amounts may change depending on your marital status. In some circumstances BAH continues even after divorce.

2. John Daniel Hafemann

2

Answered . Yes, both BAH and BAS will be included on the worksheet to calculate child support. I advise that you make an appointment with the Legal Assistance Officer at your base. It will not cost you anything, so take advantage of it. Good luck.

3. Bruce Clement

Pro

Answered . Yes. It’s always best to consult with a good family law attorney to discuss the details before you act. See my AVVO Legal Guides on military divorces and child support for more information about the legal issues raised by your inquiry. Click on my photo. On my AVVO home page click on "View Contributions" or scroll down further and click on "Legal Guides." Scroll down the list of my 29 Legal Guides and select the topics relevant to your question. If you like my answer and Legal Guides, please make sure you mark them as “helpful.”