Is my attorney charging me correctly?

Coeur D Alene, ID |

This is an MVA... my attorney is adding the med pay and my out of pocket expenses into the settlement and intends to take 1/3 of these costs... is that how it is supposed to work? My dog was in the car and I paid out of pocket for her and he is taking 1/3 of my recovery on those expenses.

I spoke with my insurance agent and he said that the med pay is first party coverage and he should have no part in that.

Can you please provide some clarity?

What bothers me is the medpay. He should not take a fee on the medpay. These are benefits you can receive regardless of fault.

Was this an auto accident?

Is the medpay being used for med bills?

Did your attorney have to go above and beyond to secure those benefits?

Attorney fees are negotiable. You can refuse to sign the release if attorney trying to charge you more. Our office only deducts a 29% contingency fee, and none of our clients would sign the release if it were more than that. You hold the cards.

Click on the picture to see information on the lawyer answering your question. The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

The clarity you have comes directly from your attorney agreement which should be in writing. Read it over for your answer.Good luck to you.

God bless. Best of luck to you.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the Thumbs-Up tab at the bottom. You may mark this as a Best Answer for the time I spent crafting this and thinking about your matter.

Please ask for a copy of your attorney fee agreement if you did not retain a copy of such. The attorney fee agreement/contract controls. Please set a meeting with your attorney to review said agreement. In Florida, we (as attorneys) cannot disburse funds until our client executes a settlement statement. If you are not on board with the amounts, make sure to wait until you review the agreement with your attorney before executing the settlement agreement.

Good luck... Please do not construe the above as legal advice. I am not licensed in your jurisdiction and you are presently represented by counsel....

Animal law topics

Recommended articles about Animal law