Is modular home manufacturer responsible for asbestos abatement?

Asked over 4 years ago - Sussex, NJ

I began removing a textured ceiling in my modular home which was built in 1986. I worked on it for an hour before concluding that it didn't look like typical joint compound and I decided to have it tested for asbestos. The lab results came back 0.5% chrysotile asbestos. Because the house was built in 1986 I never thought it would have any asbestos containing materials! Now not only am I dealing with the fact that I breathed in an hours worth of this dust and there is nothing I can do about it but I got an estimate on removing it from just ONE room and it will cost about $2000 - 4 other rooms and a hall also have this textured ceiling! I am wondering if the company that made it would be likely to pay for remediation. Would you know if they are obligated to

? I contacted them and they said they never used asbestos in any products in their houses "to their knowledge".

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . As is the case in practically all asbestos and mesothelioma lawsuits, a claim is filed against the manufacturers of asbestos products.

If you have developed mesothelioma because of asbestos exposure, you will want to hire a qualified New Jersey personal injury lawyer. Even if you have only been exposed, hire a lawyer now.

Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.