Is mendota insurance acting in bad faith?

Asked over 4 years ago - Columbia, MO

I was involved in a rear-end accident and the other party was given a citation. At the time, I had liability only on my car. My insurance company told me that I had to submit the property damage to the other party's insurance (mendota). I called, faxed, sent letters to mendota to make a claim but I have continually been ignored. Is mendota insurance acting in bad faith when they continue to ignore my claim?

It has been almost 3 years since the accident and I'm afraid the statute of limitations is going to run.
Can I bring suit against the driver who rear-ended me since her insurance is ignoring my claim?
The accident happened in Missouri. Thanks

1. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

Answered . Are you sure Mendota is an insurance company? (Is it possibly an insurance agency and not an insurance company?)

I suggest that you contact a Missouri attorney as soon as possible and see whether or not you still have a viable claim, given the length of time since the happening of this collision. You need to find out what the statute of limitations is in Missouri for bringing a tort claim such as the one you propose. Do not delay in seeking counsel.

Legal Disclaimer:

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received.