Is Manifest Non Obstante Veridicto Network a scam? And is one of its lawyers, Rangile Santiago (Del Ray, FL) part of this scam?

Asked over 2 years ago - New York, NY

My brother is in prison in Florida. This Network (based in NYC) contacted him and claimed they could reduce his prison sentence, if his family would invest $300 for their "pro bono" work. Our family sent the money back in August of 2009, and they've done nothing for us. I'm now reading on various websites that the Network is a scam. I'd be interested first in finding out if this is so. Who should I contact? The Better Business Bureau? The State Attorney's Office in NY (where the Network claims to be housed) or in FL (where Rangile Santiago practices)? Or the American Bar Association? I look forward to some definitive answers.

1. Benjamin J Lieberman

2

Answered . If this attorney is part of a scam I suggest you contact the grievance committee (or whatever other body has jurisdiction over the licensing and regulation of attorneys) in Florida and report him. As far as the "network" located in NY you may consider contacting the NYS Attorney General. Good luck.

2. Christopher Jude Pelli

Pro

2

Answered . I too have neither heard of the attorney or the "network". They have an internet presence and work out of New York. Contact First Department Disciplinary Committee for New York & Bronx Counties:

Departmental Disciplinary Committee for the First Department
    61 Broadway, 2nd Floor
    New York, NY 10006
    (212) 401-0800

3. Richard C. Southard

Pro

Answered . I have never heard of this individual or the network. If you suspect that fraud and criminal scams are taking place, I would contact the State Attorney General's Office in both Florida and NY, as well as filing a formal complaint with the Bar Association where the lawyer is licensed.

Richard Southard
    212-385-8600
    I am a former Deputy Bureau Chief with the Brooklyn District Attorney's Office who has been specializing in criminal law for over 15 years. I offer free consultations by telephone, in-office or by videoconference.