Is maintenance authorized to come into my office without my consent or prior notice, all in the name of making repairs?

Asked about 2 years ago - Austell, GA

I have just moved into this building but for some reason the maintenance are always here during business working hours working; hammering, sawing and disturbing people for running their businesses. I came into my office several times and noticed that they had been coming into my office without notifying me. I consulted the landlord, even sent him pictures of the mess they made in my office and he told me it was an emergency situation. I do have personal files in my cabinet without a lock and i don't feel safe here and more so, my files may be compromised one day with these people come in and out of my office without prior notice. What can i do to protect myself and the personal information in my possession?
Yesterday, I was walked out of my office all in the name of fixing the AC unit.....

1. Ikemesit Amajak Eyo

Answered . Whether or not maintenance is required to give notice before entering for non-emergency repairs depends on what your lease says about the subject. So to answer that question, you need to review your lease. If it is unclear to you, you need to present your lease to an attorney for them to review and interpret.

To protect yourself, you need to get a lock for your files.

Hope this helps.

~ Kem Eyo