Is kissing someone (adult) on the lips considered to be a rape?

Portland, ME |

I tried to date Mary (we adults). One day she was dropping me off at my house and I misinterpreted her feelings and kissed her on the lips. She allowed me to kiss her ... but after pulled out and blew a rape whistle! Joe showed up and asked her if she needs help - she said yes. When Joe approached me I said I'm gonna call the police. Mary said "ohh yeah" - and began dialing out a number looking at me.... and then stopped and told Joe man that it was nothing. 4 years passed.... last month she called a place where I work and told my boss that I "tried to rape her" (total nightmare). I also heard that she called the police and that I wasn't arrested because Joe declined to testify. If Joe changes his mind is this a rape charge for me? Is this claim gonna stay in police database forever?SOL?

I never heard anything from police about this case and yesterday I got stopped for speeding, - police officer just wrote a citation and didn't mention anything about this rape claim... Is there a way to check what's in NCIC police database?

In Maine this is not rape or Gross Sexual Assault.

My response to your question is a generic response and should not be construed as controlling to your case. I can not effectively advise about your case without knowing all the facts. Additionally, my response does not create an attorney-client relationship. You can contact my office to schedule an appointment if you would like to have me represent you.

Kissing alone without anything more wouldn't be rape but there can be other offenses charged. If this happened four years ago I don't suppose you have much to be concerned with but if the police do contact you do not say ANYTHING to them without an attorney.