Is kissing someone (adult) on the lips considered to be a rape?

Asked over 2 years ago - Portland, ME

I tried to date Mary (we adults). One day she was dropping me off at my house and I misinterpreted her feelings and kissed her on the lips. She allowed me to kiss her ... but after pulled out and blew a rape whistle! Joe showed up and asked her if she needs help - she said yes. When Joe approached me I said I'm gonna call the police. Mary said "ohh yeah" - and began dialing out a number looking at me.... and then stopped and told Joe man that it was nothing. 4 years passed.... last month she called a place where I work and told my boss that I "tried to rape her" (total nightmare). I also heard that she called the police and that I wasn't arrested because Joe declined to testify. If Joe changes his mind is this a rape charge for me? Is this claim gonna stay in police database forever?SOL?

I never heard anything from police about this case and yesterday I got stopped for speeding, - police officer just wrote a citation and didn't mention anything about this rape claim... Is there a way to check what's in NCIC police database?

1. Robert C. LeBrasseur

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . In Maine this is not rape or Gross Sexual Assault.

2. Benjamin J Lieberman

1

1

Answered . Kissing alone without anything more wouldn't be rape but there can be other offenses charged. If this happened four years ago I don't suppose you have much to be concerned with but if the police do contact you do not say ANYTHING to them without an attorney.