Is it wrong for an Employer to fire you from a job if you disclosed you have a felony and have served time in the interview.

Phoenix, AZ |

I was hired at a company and worded for six day when I was pulled out of training and told that I was being asked to leave because of my background check. I was told that I would be on paid administrative leave until they notified me of my future with the company letting me know via mail or phone. (I have it in writing) But I have yet to get paid its been two weeks. What should I do Next?

Just to keep you up to speed I was interviewed for the position by the Manager of Operation and was offered a full time position. I was also invited to attend orientation the same day. I am a 34 year old African- American female. Is this discrimination? Because in there associate hand book they stated that they do not discriminate based on conviction records.

1. The first thing you should do is contact the Industrial Commission wage claim division. The statute says you should be paid within 7 days of termination or the next pay period, whichever comes first. Is it discrimination? Depends. What is in your background check? Arizona is an "at will" state which means you can be terminated for any reason at any time for the most part. Race is a protected class, but if the employer has a legitimate business reason for the dismissal (information in your background check), there is probably not a claim for wrongful termination.