Is it worth transferring from 2 Visa ( With Valid WAD ) to HB Visa ?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

My L2 visa expires on 28Oct 2014 and EAD is renewable but expires on 17Oct14 . I can stay for 7 years based on my husband's L1A Visa . If my H1B is filed under premium processing & gets approved my status will change to H1B effective 1 Oct 2013 . What would be its period of validity considering I entered US on 22 June 2012 . Again , would i be able to travel out of US during April & Oct 2012 ? Are there any restrictions on travel outside US after 1 Oct 2012 ? Would you advise to continue with L2 Visa being more flexible and decline the offer to file H1B from my current employer ?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . This is a personal call in my opinion and depends on the circumstances. I would recommend you hire an immigration attorney and have a consultation. Please do not expect you specific case to be analyzed on AVVO.

2. Eliza Grinberg

3

Answered . It depepnds on what you would like to do. In some instances it make sence, in others not. I would say no.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . H-1Bs are issued up to three years, with the possibility of extending to a maximum of six years.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

4. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

1

Answered . Too many scenarios to be considered. First figure out what you wish to do and then approach the forum for the procedure to get there.