Skip to main content

Is it worth transferring from 2 Visa ( With Valid WAD ) to HB Visa ?

San Jose, CA |

My L2 visa expires on 28Oct 2014 and EAD is renewable but expires on 17Oct14 . I can stay for 7 years based on my husband's L1A Visa . If my H1B is filed under premium processing & gets approved my status will change to H1B effective 1 Oct 2013 . What would be its period of validity considering I entered US on 22 June 2012 . Again , would i be able to travel out of US during April & Oct 2012 ? Are there any restrictions on travel outside US after 1 Oct 2012 ? Would you advise to continue with L2 Visa being more flexible and decline the offer to file H1B from my current employer ?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. H-1Bs are issued up to three years, with the possibility of extending to a maximum of six years.

    Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  2. This is a personal call in my opinion and depends on the circumstances. I would recommend you hire an immigration attorney and have a consultation. Please do not expect you specific case to be analyzed on AVVO.; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

  3. It depepnds on what you would like to do. In some instances it make sence, in others not. I would say no.

  4. Too many scenarios to be considered. First figure out what you wish to do and then approach the forum for the procedure to get there.

    This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics