Is it worth to pay a lawyer to try to get my DUI to a negligent driving in the first degree? Any differences?

Bremerton, WA |

I refused the breathalyzer test.

1. There are HUGE differences between DUI and Neg 1 - not the least of which is MANDATORY jail time, MANDATORY license suspensions, MANDATORY Interlock devices, and more! You definitely need to consult with a skilled DUI attorney immediately so that you can get to work on hopefully getting a great result on your case. I'd be happy to discuss it with you.

Every case is different, and this is not intended to be anything other than helpful information. This in no way creates an attorney-client relationship between us. If you'd like to speak further about this answer, feel free to call me for your FREE CONSULTATION at 425-424-9401.

2. Yes!

This answer is my personal opinion, offered for informational purposes only. It is not a legal opinion, nor is it legal advice, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship with anyone reading it. Linda Callahan Callahan Law www.dui-defender.net 877DUIAnswer

3. There is a large difference and well worth hiring an attorney. For example, a DUI can have you on probation 5 years and never comes off of your record. There are a number of other important differences as well.
    At your service,

4. With the refusal, if you are convicted you will wind up paying thousands of dollars; at least a one year loss of license, another 12 months of interlock (at around $100 a month), 3 years of high risk insurance. Not to mention the mandatory jail and 5 years of probation.
    Hiring a lawyer doesn't guarantee you avoid conviction; but a good DUI attorney can very commonly save you more than their fees. At the very least, you should talk to a local lawyer and get your questions answered.